Address: Anwar Tower, 99 Shadman Colony 1, Lahore.
Tel: +92 42 99204386 - 89
Fax: +92 42 99204390
Local Government & Community Development Department’s (LG&CDD) Project for computerization of municipal immovable properties of all TMAs in Punjab is being implemented by Punjab Municipal Development Fund Company (PMDFC) and is expected to be completed by April, 2016.
- Introduce transparency, efficiency and accountability through e-governance and ICT/GIS based solutions as per e-government vision of Govt. of The Punjab
- Availability of uniform format of municipal assets information all across Punjab
- Better control and decision making in the management of municipal assets
- Reduce encroachments, litigation and malpractices; and increase revenue
- Regular verification and updation of municipal assets record by enhancing TMA staff expertise
The project is being implemented in two parallel stages; Stage-I includes “field data collection and verification of municipal immovable properties (office building, open land, park, disposal station, tube well, OHR, shops etc.) and Stage-II comprises software development for open-source web application for management of municipal assets inventory and online updation.
Major activities of the project are:
- Developing field data collection proformas based on property register attributes and its validation
- Collection of relevant attribute data (name, address, area, current use, commercial use, tenant detail, date of possession, encroachment status, litigation detail etc.) and legal documents
- Field verification of each asset through geo-tagged pictures (Android based)
- A uniform coding system for municipal assets based on PIFRA chart of accounts
- GIS database and an open sourced online software development (municipal asset management information system) for municipal assets inventory and management.